Home Site Map Contact Us

SERVICES & FEES: Name Change

Name Changes for Adults and/or Minors

NOTE: Our fees do not include court costs. Click here to view the most recent court cost fees.

Adult Name Change

When a person desires to change their name and to adopt another name, they may file an application in the superior court in the county of his residence, setting forth reasons for the change of name and the name they wish to adopt. The court may enter judgment that the adopted name of the party be substituted for the original name.

Minor Name Change

The parent, guardian ad litem or next friend of a minor may file an application for change of the name of the minor in the county of the minor's residence. The court shall consider the best interests of the child in determining whether to enter judgment that the name of the minor be changed.